Dates To Remember
07 Jun 2014. WSSCA Supported Entry. Hosted by Heartland WSSC.
14 Aug 2014. WSSCA Supported Entry. Hosted by Pacific Northwest WSSC.
05 Sep 2014. WSSCA Supported Entry. Hosted by Rocky Mountain WSSC.
13 Sep 2014. WSSCA Supported Entry. Hosted by Gateway WSSC.
AKC Pet Disaster Program
AKC PRESS RELEASE
of 05 April 2014
AKC Pet Disaster Relief Rolls Out Help for Pets in Tennesseeby americankennelclub
AKC Pet Disaster Relief, a national program dedicated to keeping pets and their owners safe in the aftermath of tornadoes, floods, wildfires and other natural or civil disasters, presented its first-ever trailer in the state of Tennessee to officials from Cleveland-Bradley County Emergency Management Agency today.
AKC Pet Disaster Relief trailers help to create a safe, temporary home-base for at least 50 pets immediately after a disaster is declared. Co-location shelters, where people can evacuate with their pets, as well as emergency animal shelters for displaced animals can be created. The trailers house and deliver essential supplies such as fans, lighting and generators; cleaning supplies; maintenance items; and animal care items including crates and carries, microchips and a scanner as well as bowls, collars and leashes.
“We wanted to help our local community be prepared to help people and their pets for any disaster and its aftermath,” said Chattanooga Kennel Club Corresponding Secretary Nancy Pearl. “We’re proud to have donated this trailer to the Cleveland-Bradley County Emergency Management Agency to assist in their future disaster response efforts.”
Bradley County Emergency Management Agency Director Troy Spence said, “This brand-new trailer will allow our agency to help pets during natural disasters for the first time ever. The efforts of the members of the Chattanooga Kennel Club and other donors are appreciated by those of us who want to ensure the safety of our pets.”
The purchase of the trailer for Cleveland-Bradley County Emergency Management was made possible by $22,000 in donations and grants from Tennessee’s Chattanooga Kennel Club, the Welsh Springer Spaniel Club of America, the Field Spaniel Society of America, The Chow Chow Club, the Miniature American Shepherd Club of the USA, the American Belgian Tervuren Club, the Havanese Club of America and AKC Reunite.
Want to get involved in the AKC Pet Disaster Relief program?
Individuals, corporations and other interested parties can donate to trailer projects in local areas or across the country. Donations are tax deductible and accepted online. Approved organizations that raise a minimum of $1,000 will have their logo featured on the AKC Pet Disaster Relief trailer.
Learn more about how to get involved in AKC Pet Disaster Relief at www.akcreunite.org/relief or contact AKC Reunite at 919-816-3980 or email@example.com.
To pause the Slide Show place the curser on the slide.
Remove the curser from the slide to restart.
The WSSCA Board of Directors has donated $4000.00 to the AKC Reunite emergency trailer fund.
The board would like to challenge the WSSCA membership to match that dollar amount in individual donations to help fund a trailer. The Board feels that while we are mainly interested in one special, loved breed, we have a responsibility to the greater world of dogdom.
As the AKC likes to say, we’re not just about champion dogs, but we’re championing all dogs.
WSSCA Home Page Movie
1. There are currently 4 albums. To see all the albums shift the curser between the left and right edges of the main photo area while in the "Change Album" mode.
* * * * * In The Spotlight * * * * *
Photos of the 2014 National Specialty have not yet been received!
WSSCA Supported - AKC Meet The Breeds
The next major AKC Meet the Breeds gathering is in conjunction with the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship shows on December 14th and 15th, 2013 at Orlando, Florida. Come and see us there!
The American Kennel Club sponsors “Meet the Breeds” events around the country. The goal is to expose the public to many different breeds of dogs so that, “Spectators can talk to responsible breeders and owners about these amazing animals and determine the right breed for their lifestyle.”
The Welsh Springer Spaniel Club was there for the biggest of these events at the Jacob Javits Convention Center in New York City at the end of September. Five club members and seven Welsh Springers were on hand to greet the public, educate them about the breed and answer questions.
- WSSCA Supported - AKC Meet The Breeds, Jacob Javits Convention Center, New York City, Sept 2013. Bridget and the AKC beagle at meet the breeds.
- WSSCA Supported - AKC Meet The Breeds, Jacob Javits Convention Center, New York City, Sept 2013. Budding artists coloring the WSS outline at Meet The Breeds.
- WSSCA Supported - AKC Meet The Breeds, Jacob Javits Convention Center, New York City, Sept 2013. Rhedd meets the public at Meet the Breeds.
- WSSCA Supported - AKC Meet The Breeds, Jacob Javits Convention Center, New York City, Sept 2013. The whole gang, minus Doug Lehnen who took the picture at Meet The Breeds.
It is hoped that you enjoy the following web pages and that you find them informative. Please contact the webmaster if you have any comments about this site or suggestions for information to be included.
1. This site includes Flash Video Clips. If you do not have the latest Adobe Flash Player installed in your computer some content on this web site may not work. You may download a copy of the most current Flash Player at no charge at http://www.adobe.com.
2. All forms and documents on this web site are presented for download in the Adobe PDF format and require the Adobe PDF reader. You may download a copy of the most current PDF Reader at no charge at http://www.adobe.com.